SCHEDULE AND RESULTS
Note: the home team is listed first (home vs away)
ROUND ROBIN STANDINGS
ROUND ROBIN STANDINGS
All top seeded teams are responsible to bring your bases for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday games. If possible, can the teams from the morning games on Saturday please leave your bases in place in Oakbank only. If not, it is still the responsibility of the top seed to put down their bags.
The top 8 seeded teams will play for the ‘A’ Side Championship, and the bottom 6 will play for the ‘B’ Side Championship. All teams will be broken up into pools as shown. Each pool will play a round robin, with the top two teams from each pool advancing to the semi-finals. The team that finished higher in the league standing will determine home field advantages during the play-offs including the finals. Teams will follow the playoff chart that will be made up prior to the start of playoffs.
All games will be 7 innings with a 15 run mercy rule in affect. A minimum of 5 innings must be played.
- Round robin play on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday morning.
- IF GAMES ARE STOPPED DUE TO DARKNESS ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHTS, THAT GAME WILL CONTINUE ON TO SATURDAY MORNING 9am BEFORE THE FINAL SET OF ROUND ROBIN GAMES.
- If a game on Thursday and Friday night is called because of darkness, that game will be continued to Saturday morning at 9:00am start. These games will be played in Oakbank. One of the team reps has to call Laureen to tell her that the game needs to be continued to Saturday morning. The games must be completed for round robin play.
- Semi-finals and finals completed on Saturday.
- Higher seed determines last bats throughout.
- If a game is tied after 7 innings during round robin play, the game will end in a tie. For semi and final games, a full 8th inning will be played, and then if the game is still tied, a full 9th inning will be played. If the game is still tied at the end of the 9th inning, international rules apply. The batting team places a runner on second base and starts with one out. This will continue on until there is a winner.
- Please print a copy of this schedule and have it with you, or have it saved on your phone. All the basic rules for the playoff format are answered here.
- Presentation of trophies will take place after the final games have been played.
- Record among tied teams
- Higher seed in regular season
Higher seed is home team for every game, even semi finals and finals (doesn’t matter if 7th place finishes 1st in pool A and plays 6th place who finished 2nd in pool B, 6th place would be home team).
- Game that is tied after 7 innings in pool play will end in a tie.
- 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 for a loss, -1 for loss by 15 or more runs (mercy).
AT THE COMPLETION OF EVERY GAME, TEAMS MUST TEXT OR EMAIL LAUREEN THE SCORE. THIS TASK MUST BE DONE AT THE END OF THE GAME. REMEMBER YOU MUST SEND IN THE EXACT SCORE OF THE GAME, NOT JUST THAT YOU WON OR LOST OR MERCY.
I WILL BE FORWARDING THE SCORES TO DORIAN MILLER AND RYDER NEEDHAM. DORIAN WILL BE KEEPING TRACK OF ALL SCORES AND WHEN SATURDAY MORNING GAMES ARE COMPLETED, THE TOP 4 TEAMS FROM A SIDE AND TOP 4 TEAMS FROM B SIDE WILL BE PLACED ACCORDINGLY. RYDER WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THE WEBSITE.
ALL TIMES FOR SATURDAY GAMES ARE APPROXIMATE EXCEPT FOR THE MORNING GAMES.
THE TOP 4 TEAMS FROM A SIDE AND B SIDE WILL BE POSTED OR ANNOUNCED AT OAKBANK DIAMOND 1 AFTER THE ROUND ROBIN GAMES ARE COMPLETED.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR COMMUNITY AND CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. BRING EXTRA GARBAGE BAGS FOR CANS AND SUCH.
ALL UMPIRE CALLS ARE FINAL. DO NOT ARGUE WITH ANY OF THE UMPIRES. ALL RULES FROM REGULAR LEAGUE PLAY ARE TO BE FOLLOWED FOR PLAYOFFS.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, LAUREEN
(204) 797-8693 firstname.lastname@example.org